Arturus Architects have carried out many educational projects within existing schools and further educational establishments. We create solutions to serve both students and staff and provide a background to teaching and learning as a partnership.
Key points which we take into account when designing for education are:
- Awareness of changing teaching methods resulting in the need for a flexible approach to design.
- Involvement of all parties including the Governors, the Head and teachers as well as parents' representatives and students.
- Robust detailing with a sensitive design approach.
- Careful choice of materials which will be respected by the students and are therefore less likely to be vandalised.
- Close links between the internal environment and the external landscape.
- Creation of buildings that are easy to maintain and which are energy efficient.
- Close budgetary control to ensure value for money.